[book-info]My Review of Branded:
Branded is one of those books that had a lot of potential, but fell prey to some big problems that ultimately rendered it forgettable and mediocre. The “meh” of it all came from a non-developing plot, flat characters, and some classic blunders (ie, instalove+love triangle). But, since this is one I got for free on Amazon, I’m not as annoyed as if I’d paid money…
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.Top 10 Tuesday: Popular Authors I Haven’t Read
- Lauren Oliver – Delirium series but then so many of y’all hated the last one, and why invest in another series when everyone hates the ending? (Of course, some might say that about Divergent and I loved Allegiant, so maybe not…)
- Lauren Myracle – all I know about is “The Infinite…
[book-info]My Review of How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True:
(Henceforth to be known as “How Zoe” because that is a big ole long title!)
Ohhhhh y’all. This book. I WANT TO DANCE WITH IT ALL LIKE THIS:
You know when you read some serious books and then you just want to read some fluff, so you go on Twitter and ask your friends to rec the fluff and maaaaaan they deliver? Christina, Debby…
- TTT: Reasons I Love Being a Blogger/Reader
- TTT: Books That Make Me Swoon
- Book Chat Discussion: Book Pushing: Help Me With My BFF Edition
- Book Chat Discussion: Blogger Inconsistency
- Book Chat Discussion: E-book Library Tour
- Challenge: Review Copy Cleanup 4.0 - I did pretty good on this one. I was one short of the books on my list but I read and reviewed a different NetGalley…
Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.My Review of The Forgotten Ones:
The Forgotten Ones is a very fast read, due in large part to the length (197 pages) and the fast-paced second half.
The first half builds up how lonely Allison’s life is: she doesn’t fit in with her cousin Nicole’s friends, she…
[book-info]My Review of Partials:
Let me start out by saying that I’d seen so many positive reviews of this one, and while I didn’t go in expecting brilliance, I did expect to be impressed. And I was in some respects, but my overall impression of the book is hesitantly meh. <– So articulate. I’m a book blogger! :PThe Good:
First, I was super impressed with the premise. Partials are created…
Four years ago today, I hopped on Blogger (LOL) and started a book blog! I quickly grew to dislike Blogger and transferred over to WordPress a few weeks later, along with a name change to “Starlight Book Reviews.” And here we are!
Wow. I’m feeling nostalgic. Okay.
A lot of things have changed over the last four years, but most of the radical changes were in 2013. I’ve branched out, I’ve become…